I LOVE vertical faux finishes. I found this one on www.shirley-homes.com .
I am sure you want to know how to achieve this gorgeous glazed finish, so I am going to give you a few step by step instructions.
1. Choose Colors - Pick 3-4 different colors (on the same color swatch) ranging from light to dark. The lightest color will be your base color.
2. Taping - Tape off the room with low tack painter's tape (trim, baseboards, windows, doors, etc.)
3. Basecoat - Roll on 2 coats of your base color in a pearl or satin finish.
4. Mix Glazes - (3 parts glaze to 1 part paint) Mix each color in a separate container
5. Glazing - You will need a 4" brush, a bucket of water, and a towel. Start with your darkest color and brush it onto the wall with a vertical motion (up and down). Dip the brush in water and dry it on a towel if it is too wet, then blend. Use the rest of the glaze colors in the same way blending as you go, always working in a vertical motion.
One of my favorite tips in attempting any faux finish is to have a reference picture. Look at it several times while working.