Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bathroom Mural Ideas


A bathroom is a really fun place to decorate. It is a room separate from everything else -a place to sit and have some peace and quiet. It is a place where you can get away and have some privacy for a few short moments (especially if you have 3 little ones like me, but more often than not - they follow me in the bathroom. LOL)

The bathroom is one room in the home that you can really get creative with and not worry about it coordinating with adjoining rooms. Even if your color scheme in the rest of your home is more neutral and and toned down - in a bathroom, you can let your hair down and use use some color for heaven sake! There is no better way to add life to bathroom walls than a beautiful hand painted wall mural. The themes are pretty much endless.

I have done some research on the internet (one of my favorite things to do) and I found so many great bathroom mural ideas. You are going to love these!

This first one, I think is soooo creative and something I have never seen before - A Circus themed bathroom! How cool is that? This one was done by Rene of Rene Gebhart Designs.




And we have all seen the tropical themed bathroom. This mural was painted by Robin Cambria.




How about this gorgeous Tuscan Style mural over the tub? If i had that in my bathroom, I don't think I would ever leave! This one was done by Bill Briggs of Briggs Art Studio out of Tennessee.




Here is another archway / column mural overlooking the water. I love how realistic this scene looks! Mural by www.rickartinteriormurals.com




How about a fun under the sea scene painted above the tile? I love the bright oranges & yellows in the fish. They just pop against the blue. It was done by The Art of Christina Carstens.




I have a thing for HUGE flowers. First of all, the rust / red color is a great base color for these beautiful big flowers. The artist did an amazing job! www.artexpressionsltd.com




This one is quite original. It has an art deco feel, but also a bit whimsical. Love the colors in this bathroom - brown, gold, and sea foam green as the accent color (within the mural). www.dandishman.com





Well, that is all I have for now. The list goes on, but I have a 6 month old who is quite hungry. Until next time!.......

BTW, I also have a couple other sites that you might be interested in checking out.

Painter Mommy (my Mommy fun site)
Nursery Murals and More (my Nursery Murals fun site)
Surfaces with Paint - (my NY Painting Biz)

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

Murals & Faux Finishing - Tips, Advice, and Ideas - Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008