Saturday, April 18, 2009

Tips on Prepping for a Faux Paint Finish

I cannot ever say it enough - Prepping is KEY when doing any type of faux paint finish. I have the tendency to OVER prep at times, but I would rather do that then run into an issue later on.

I had a job this past week doing a plaster type finish called Old World Plaster. Click here to see pictures and read more about it.

I recorded a short video on what I do to prep before painting. I share a few simple tips to help make things easier once the finish is ready to be applied.

  • Dropcloths
  • Taping
  • Keeping Tools Organizes
Check out the video!



So, let me know what you think. And feel free to share some ways that you like to prep a room before painting. I always love to hear comments!

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

Murals & Faux Finishing - Tips, Advice, and Ideas - Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008