The above colorful stripes are by: www.mekdesigns.com, and the horizontal blue tone stripes are Homescape
What a creative way to add depth and dimension to a room with Painted Stripes.
Keep these in mind when choosing the color, width and size of your stripes:
- Wider stripes have a more casual look
- Narrow stripes have a more formal look.
- Spaces with shorter ceilings - vertical stripes will make the room appear taller
- Spaces with higher ceilings - horizontal stripes will make the room seem shorter
- Tone on Tone stripes give a more subtle look
- Use the same color in a flat & glossy finish will give an elegant look
- Stripes of all different colors and sizes bring life to a room, great for teen room or laundry room
This one is of horizontal painted stripes with silver metallic tiny stripes separating the colors. Gorgeous!
I love these soft pastel tones in this nursery:
Demi's Princess Suite - HGTV
What a great idea to add a painted vine going up each lighter toned stripe:
This is my work - www.surfaceswithpaint.com
Check out these great Do It Yourself articles on How to Paint Stripes:
- How do I Paint Vertical Stripes on a Wall - Design Talk
- Paint Technique - Stripes on HGTV
- Painting Stripes on Howtofauxfinish.com